Monday 4 June 2012

Living with MacLeod - The Beginning

For those of you who know Ross well you will know that he sometimes has a short temper (that's the Scotsman in him), can be abrasive, a little bit scary and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Yeah, he's all those things, but he's also very clever, generous, passionate, logical and most of the time....pretty funny.

So why am I telling you this?

On Sunday morning, the 29th June, Ross woke up and grabbed his phone to check his emails and Facebook as he does every morning. This was the morning that he received his acceptance email into the TUF (The Ultimate Fighter) Aus vs UK tryouts.
Humbly, he turns to me and says, 'oh that's good'. My reply unknowingly and with as much enthusiasm as you would have towards washing the dishes, 'what?'.
Only to then be shown the email, YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED.

To say that I'm proud would be an understatement. Ever since we first met back in 2009 (or maybe 2008??) fighting has been the crux of Ross' life. Completely living and breathing it. In fact, I have never seen someone so in love with something (jealous much....?)

Injury has unfortunately seen him dormant from competition for a good 3 years now which in turn means I have never actually had the opportunity to see him compete. He still trains it every day and it is the topic of most conversations, even in our personal life.
This is a huge change for me, as, until I met Ross I had never even heard of the sport MMA, now I'm an educated critic, well I like to think so.

Anyway, the whole point of sharing this with you all, our valued members and amazing staff who have now become family and everyone else out there who happens to take 5 mins to read this, is to include you all on the journey (that was a long sentence!) The journey may be short, it may be long, but I want to share it with you so you know the complete guts of what made Phoenix Elite and so you too can have the inside and very intimate scoop on Ross's journey to the UFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment